• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transfer data to new phone without card

I really should have thought of this sooner, but... :)

I just bought a new Nexus 4 (yay!), and it's charging now. My old phone is a Samsung Vibrant. I want to transfer all of my old data over.

PIM data of course I can just get from Google, and downloadable apps I can just redownload, no biggie. However, application data doesn't do that. I'm thinking mostly of game state, saved games, and some apps that don't have cloud-sync. (Yes, they exist; amazing, eh?)

When I had to replace my Vibrant under warranty I used Titanium Backup to dump everything to my microSD card and then restore from it. Worked great. Problem: The Nexus 4 has no card slot. Now what?

How do I transfer over arbitrary data when there's no removable media to transfer it on?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones