• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transferring all data to 128gb device from 64gb device

Hi, i just bought a 128gb Pixel 2 xl. Which choices do i have to to get everything from my Pixel 2 xl 64gb device to the 128gb device ?

During the initial setup of the new phone you should be prompted to connect the two with a usb-c cable which will let you copy all (or some) of your stuff across.

Hi codesplice, thank you for your help.
That's what i am doing right now after i saw that offer during installation. If it doesn't copy everything, how do i find out what didn't get copyied.

Unfortunately there isn't a great way to find out what didn't transfer. You'd just have to compare the two devices to see what's missing.

As much as I love using Android, its backup feature is still behind iOS' backup feature.

As much as I love using Android, its backup feature is still behind iOS' backup feature.

Because Android is a completely open system, unlike iOS's walled garden, where Apple dictates the rules and everyone must comply. Which actually makes having an iPhone completely unsuitable for my uses as a smart-phone. I did have the first iPhone 12 years ago, and the first thing I did was to jailbreak the thing. :D

Some manufacturers do provide a complete backup and restore, but it's usually only for their own devices.

Please use Settings > About phone > Send feedback about this device to share your thoughts with the Pixel development team. They are genuinely interested in improving the onboarding/setup/restoration experience and feedback like yours could really help them out.

Back
Top Bottom