• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transferring Downloaded Ringtones And All Pictures/Wallpapers

CoyotesFan4Evr

Android Enthusiast
OK, so normally this wouldn't be an issue at all but I'm dealing with two phones that don't have SD card storage. Now I am coming from the HTC Droid DNA and moving to the LG G2. I have a ton of ringtones downloaded from Zedge. Now that app use to let you log in with your e-mail and then when you switched phones you just log in and everything would be transferred. Well they got rid of that for some reason. Anyways, I have many ringtones I want back for my custom purposes and I have a ton of downloaded pictures for wallpapers as well as pictures I've taken myself that I want to get onto my new phone. Can't there just be an app for such a thing? It would make this so much simpler considering there are a bunch of phones without SD card storage available. Could I move all of what I have to Google Drive? Yes, but should I have to? I don't think I should. If I have posted this in the wrong area, or if this has already been covered I apologize but I did do a quick look around to see if there was anything that answered my question(s) directly and I didn't see anything.

No one has any source of help on this subject? I suppose I can try transferring by placing everything on my lap top and then moving it to the G2.

I copied everything (entire directory structure) that was visible within Windows Explorer, from my old phone to my desktop via USB connection.

Then when I got my new phone, I hooked it up via USB to the PC and selectively copied files (ringtones, pictures, etc.) back.

I don't know why but for some reason my lap top will not allow me to create any new folders at all. It's been this way for over a year. Can't figure it out. So I wouldn't know where to place the stuff unless it's in an already existing file.

i copied my ringtones and wallpapers to a folder on google drive. now it's always with me on whatever phone i pick up and it's also available on the pc.

I don't know why but for some reason my lap top will not allow me to create any new folders at all. It's been this way for over a year. Can't figure it out. So I wouldn't know where to place the stuff unless it's in an already existing file.

If you have a USB OTG cable, plug it in to your DNA with a thumb drive attached and move all your files onto it. Unplug and plug into the G2 and move files over.

If you don't have an OTG cable, I recommend getting one. Great to have if rooted and flash ROMs. Their cheap. $5 on monoprice.com.

I put all my pictures into a file on google drive. However I would have to select each one, one by one to save to my phone in order to use them. But instead of that I just plugged both phones into the laptop and swapped the files over. I was even able to do so with the ringtones. I appreciate the help everyone gave on this. I honestly never had any problems when it came to other phones. I guess that's because they were always the same brand.

I switched in December and am glad that I did.
It's a much better phone, but will change to G3 soon.
Transferring everything is no problem with OTG and an USB stick.

Back
Top Bottom