• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transferring Number from Straight Talk (AT&T SIM) to AIO

izick

Lurker
Jul 10, 2012
So today, I was having problems porting my number over online. I called AIO customer service, only to be told that they can't transfer numbers from Straight Talk. There's no way this can be true. Has anyone successfully transferred there number? How?

Thanks a million.

Actually I got the same response, at this time they cannot but should be able to in the future, so anyone that wants to try this, beware that it will not work at this time and that before you enter your port information to find out if it worked or not (which it wont) they get your payment info and they charge your card, so you have to call them up so that you get your money back for something that never happened.

Upvote 0
Here's what I did: I ported my number from Straight Talk to AT&T GoPhone for a month. Then I ported it out for AIO for the next month. It's a 5-10 minute ordeal if you go into an AT&T Store to get a SIM, transfer number, sign up for a GoPhone plan for a month, and check out.

You could also do this with T-Mobile's 5GB 100 minute plan as well which is available online at their prepaid site and at Walmart where T-Mobile is available.

Just so you know, AIO's coverage is the same as AT&T's

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones