• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transformer EEE - wifi on but no connection

purmar

Lurker
Anybody here with similar problem?

I started having problems with WiFi. It indicates that it is on, but when browsing the Internet, or watching movie via UPNP, or when using any application needed Internet, it stops working although the icon indicates that I am still connected. Pages stop loading, movies stop playing, UPNP is unable list my files, and BrighHouse TV app just freezes. I have to turn wifi off and back on to somehow reestablish connection. That helps, but only for a few seconds or minutes.
I tried hard restart and somehow wiped out the entire tablet. Still, it does exactly the same after installing just a few apps.
Today morning BrightHouse tv was playing but it stopped. I just turned it off, but in 10 minutes or so the app started playing suddenly. So, the connection reestablished itself though it took forever.
I have no idea if this is something with my router, or if this is something with the tablet. My (wired) pc works fine. Other laptops seem to be OK.
Any idea?

The quickest way to determine if it's your T101 or your network is to take it to a different network, like a library or Cafe and see if it does the same thing.

Maybe its a battery save setting? I used to have that the wifi turned off when the screen was locked, so maybe yours is set to 10 minutes?

Back
Top Bottom