• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help transformer prime wifi hotspot or usb tethering to xbox 360

spearcey

Lurker
Okay.... so here's my issue that I've had no luck finding the answers for....

I'm currently in Afghanistan on deployment and the only internet I have access to is what I pay for locally that requires logging in directly through a web browser. Xbox does not have a web browser so I have no way to connect to xbox live directly with the xbox itself.

Using my Asus Transformer Prime as a wifi hot-spot does not seem to work either 'cause you can only have one on at a time: 1. connected to the router in this building via wifi or 2.turning the tablet's wifi hot-spot function on (which consequentially turns off the connection to the router, thus loosing internet connection).

I figured it may be possible to use usb tethering while having the tablet wifi connected to the router but the xbox does not pick up on the tablet.

Does anyone have any advice how to solve this issue? Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Okay.... so here's my issue that I've had no luck finding the answers for....

I'm currently in Afghanistan on deployment and the only internet I have access to is what I pay for locally that requires logging in directly through a web browser. Xbox does not have a web browser so I have no way to connect to xbox live directly with the xbox itself.

Using my Asus Transformer Prime as a wifi hot-spot does not seem to work either 'cause you can only have one on at a time: 1. connected to the router in this building via wifi or 2.turning the tablet's wifi hot-spot function on (which consequentially turns off the connection to the router, thus loosing internet connection).

I figured it may be possible to use usb tethering while having the tablet wifi connected to the router but the xbox does not pick up on the tablet.

Does anyone have any advice how to solve this issue? Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Go to the Google Play store and try EasyTether Lite (9.99 to buy the full version), FoxFi (free), or PdaNET and see if any of those do what you want. Or you can just do a search for Tether and try out a few other ones. Keep in mind though that these may not work since the tablet does not have it's own 3g/4g connection to share.

Back
Top Bottom