• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transparent widgets.

jeffzz421

Jan 19, 2011
So I have seen quite a few places lately that there are sweet transparent skinned versions of the widgets we use like google, winamp, pandora, and many many others. However after successfully installing a couple of them they work completely perfectly, however they are not at all transparent and look just the same as before.

I read that this could be a compatibility issue being that the apps were skinned for other phones with a different resolution. Has anyone had success installing the google search widget transparent version or the like versions of any popular apps. Its the actual app that you download and install and apparently its working for lots of ppl just not for me on this phone. Here are the related xda posts.

[UPDATE 3/17/11 | THEME l MOD | POST APK WITH REQUEST] Transparent widget skins - xda-developers

[THEME l MOD] Transparent widget skins. Pandora, Weather Channel, Facebook + Requests - xda-developers

p.s. Asadullah if you read this is there any way you can just figure out how to skin any app we want to have a transparent widget on this phone? Since it seems to be thats what people are doing.

Thanks all.

I thought I felt my ears ringing :D. Well here's the thing creating themes is relatively easy and when I refer to a theme I mean a theme for the phone that you don't need a specific launcher or anything (like an adw theme or cyanogen theme).
The only problem that is occurring is that lg uses alot of pro files instead of your standard png files. They can easily be switched out with a png no prob but figuring out which pro file goes where is kind of a hold up. You gotta guess which is which then flash it to your phone if it's right then document it or remember it ( I suggest you document it ). Then start on another pro file.

I offered to show someone how to theme it'll take around an hour for me to show anyone.

Upvote 0
I don't look at just one widget or one notification bar I think about an entire theme (Clocks, launcher, widgets, icons everything ) The majority of apks are using pro files to do this. Go ahead open one up. Like for instance the weather widget and navigate to the res folder. It's a pro file jungle in there. But don't fret :D it's easier then you think

actually figured out how to view pro files

Upvote 0
I don't look at just one widget or one notification bar I think about an entire theme (Clocks, launcher, widgets, icons everything ) The majority of apks are using pro files to do this. Go ahead open one up. Like for instance the weather widget and navigate to the res folder. It's a pro file jungle in there. But don't fret :D it's easier then you think

actually figured out how to view pro files

everything will be fine if you just give me your tears gypsy. I promise not to harm you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones