• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Triangle Away

2prevail

Android Enthusiast
Well, anyone who has done the slightest of work on their phone but is still on a stock rom should see that annoying triangle under samsung when you first boot. Well if your feeling some type of way about it there is an app called triangle away that resets your flash counter, ultimately removing the triangle. It is functional on some phones outside of the supported list but a hard brick is likely if it doesnt work. This is my only phone as of right now and i dont want to risk a hard brick so if anyone would like to try it and tell me if it works much thanks to you!

I installed it, wouldn't even let me attempt to run it, just asks me if it is a supported phone and if I am up to date. I was about to send a note to the author to see if he could add support for the Rush.

I installed it, wouldn't even let me attempt to run it, just asks me if it is a supported phone and if I am up to date. I was about to send a note to the author to see if he could add support for the Rush.

good luck with that, i spent the better part of 3 months (as did several other people) to get support for the metropcs SGS3, turns out in his code all he needed to do was hit enter, copy and paste the us cellular's line and change teh U to M. it wasnt til i decompiled his app and (very crudely) made it work. t his is a whole nother device all in its own so youd have to have him add support. just dont expect any quick replies...

Uhhh, SO MANY GALAXIES, it would take forever to get to ours because from what i see these app developers have priorities. Top first, bottom last. Were like 10 slots from the bottom lol. If i had a test phone id work on it but im no rockefeller

Yea, I feel the same way. Unless something happens soon with the CM10 being done for the Reverb, thus maybe porting to Rush I'm going to have to pony up for the S2, just waiting for the money the Gubment owes me for unpaid wages from my last job :) Not much love for the Rush

P.S. Looking at Chainfire's site he's got a posting up about not updating Triangle Away anymore, so I may just be pissing up a light pole by shooting him a message and asking for support to be added.

Yea, I feel the same way. Unless something happens soon with the CM10 being done for the Reverb, thus maybe porting to Rush I'm going to have to pony up for the S2, just waiting for the money the Gubment owes me for unpaid wages from my last job :) Not much love for the Rush

P.S. Looking at Chainfire's site he's got a posting up about not updating Triangle Away anymore, so I may just be pissing up a light pole by shooting him a message and asking for support to be added.

Actually dude dont do it, boost just released the HTC ONE SV and the BOOST FORCE( ZTE FORCE). in my opinion they both seem promising but that htc in red is just... wow.. lol. But as for Rush love i got it, i just wish more people did like for the prevail ~RIB 2011-2012~

Actually dude dont do it, boost just released the HTC ONE SV and the BOOST FORCE( ZTE FORCE). in my opinion they both seem promising but that htc in red is just... wow.. lol. But as for Rush love i got it, i just wish more people did like for the prevail ~RIB 2011-2012~

Who the hell makes the Boost Force?? Comparing them, The S2 has a better camera, bigger screen, more memory, and is Cheaper than the HTC One SV. The Boost Force has a slightly faster processor. And I really don't care about 4G LTE, or 4G for that matter, I've been perfectly content on 3G. The bigger screen and faster processor is what I am looking at, not to mention active support from the CM crew. Probably take longer to get ROMs done for the Boost Force than the Rush, at least people are trying to work on it. The Boost Force is only marginally cheaper than the S2 so why not go to the S2 at that point. But it is still all up in the air until I get paid, then there will be some serious thinking on my part.

*edit* NM I missed your (ZTE BOOST) part of your post.

im sorry that i always have to be the debbie downer. just wanted you guys to be informed :/

the epic 4g touch on boost is a well supported device. its nothing cutting edge but its 3 times what the rush is and is still a considerably intelligent upgrade. my 2 cents though, everyone releases new phones from april - oct for all teh big names. boost will prolly have some new big end device by then and will either be better to switch to or bring down teh price of teh s2 :)

if you do get antsy try to snag it at someplace like bestbuy where you can get 30 days to play with price drops :)

im sorry that i always have to be the debbie downer. just wanted you guys to be informed :/

the epic 4g touch on boost is a well supported device. its nothing cutting edge but its 3 times what the rush is and is still a considerably intelligent upgrade. my 2 cents though, everyone releases new phones from april - oct for all teh big names. boost will prolly have some new big end device by then and will either be better to switch to or bring down teh price of teh s2 :)

if you do get antsy try to snag it at someplace like bestbuy where you can get 30 days to play with price drops :)

I was looking on Boost's site as well as Bestbuy couldn't find Epic 4G. I'm not looking for the bleeding edge of tech when it comes to my phone, but the Rush is the oozing puss edge of tech, the S2 seems like a reasonable compromise to me. Doesn't look like I'll be really looking to make this move for a few more weeks anyhow so we'll see.
Screw it! I'm getting a Motorola Theory!

the epic 4g touch is what teh s2 is calle don sprint, you guys have teh exact same device just configured for boost :) which is why cm can be easily done for the s2 since the e4gt has so much already done (last i knew cm10.1 was getting to be fairly stable :) )

Who the hell makes the Boost Force?? Comparing them, The S2 has a better camera, bigger screen, more memory, and is Cheaper than the HTC One SV. The Boost Force has a slightly faster processor. And I really don't care about 4G LTE, or 4G for that matter, I've been perfectly content on 3G. The bigger screen and faster processor is what I am looking at, not to mention active support from the CM crew. Probably take longer to get ROMs done for the Boost Force than the Rush, at least people are trying to work on it. The Boost Force is only marginally cheaper than the S2 so why not go to the S2 at that point. But it is still all up in the air until I get paid, then there will be some serious thinking on my part.

*edit* NM I missed your (ZTE BOOST) part of your post.

Bigger screen, but same resolution. It will look less crispy compared to the HTC. Also I'm sure that not everyone likes Samsungs over-saturated screens.

I've learned my lesson from the Motorola XPRT; Dev support is very important for these devices. Sammy SGII is a better DEV phone so to say. But I would choose the SV (if there is moderate dev work like the RUSH) because I watch a ton of anime, movies, tv shows on my phone :p I'd love to use a LCD2 display.

Bigger screen, but same resolution. It will look less crispy compared to the HTC. Also I'm sure that not everyone likes Samsungs over-saturated screens.

I've learned my lesson from the Motorola XPRT; Dev support is very important for these devices. Sammy SGII is a better DEV phone so to say. But I would choose the SV (if there is moderate dev work like the RUSH) because I watch a ton of anime, movies, tv shows on my phone :p I'd love to use a LCD2 display.

only ones that suffer from oversaturation are teh SAMOLED screens (i dont believe the rush is one?) and teh sgs2 on boost has custom kernels that allow for color control and you can edit the screens colors to your hearts content :)

only ones that suffer from oversaturation are teh SAMOLED screens (i dont believe the rush is one?) and teh sgs2 on boost has custom kernels that allow for color control and you can edit the screens colors to your hearts content :)

A samsung rep said the rush does hace an AMOLED display. But as far as the SV and S2 go they are both great phones. My only tie breaker would be the gorilla glass (2 layers with corning) and beats audio. But im not knocking the S2, better camera, better processor, bigger screen, and dev support are all good. But it all depends on what you want out of your phone. Plus, its a $20 difference so its not like your giving away all your money by getting the SV instead

A samsung rep said the rush does hace an AMOLED display. But as far as the SV and S2 go they are both great phones. My only tie breaker would be the gorilla glass (2 layers with corning) and beats audio. But im not knocking the S2, better camera, better processor, bigger screen, and dev support are all good. But it all depends on what you want out of your phone. Plus, its a $20 difference so its not like your giving away all your money by getting the SV instead

i know nothing of teh one sv so excuse my ignorance, i only happen to know so much about the S2 as i have one (sprint variant though) it has gorilla glass (version 2 if im not mistaken) and there are plenty of flashables of beats/acid or whatever equalizer you want to use.

everything i can find says rush has a standard TFT LCD.

i know nothing of teh one sv so excuse my ignorance, i only happen to know so much about the S2 as i have one (sprint variant though) it has gorilla glass (version 2 if im not mistaken) and there are plenty of flashables of beats/acid or whatever equalizer you want to use.

everything i can find says rush has a standard TFT LCD.

You are correct, the Rush has only the lowly standard TFT LCD.

Back
Top Bottom