• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Triumph, not mine, trouble?

CuriousNoob

Android Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2011
The Web.
I've seen problems with this already, but I want to know. This triumph is my cousin's, and he got it off Craigslist for a good price. He came to me saying it wont charge, so I made this thread for him.

4c62d649-7b0f-8ba5.jpg

Why does this happen?

Had the same problem with mine after it sat for a few months in the closet. The problem was the battery. Once it gets too low it will not charge through the phone. The fix is buying a charger that will charge the battery outside of the phone. Once the battery was recharged it was good again and I have had no further problems with it. I got my charger off Amazon for about 12.00.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: CuriousNoob
Upvote 0
Did he ever see it running? It could be a battery issue, or an issue with the charging port.

If the battery was just drained, and won't charge because it got so low then a new battery would fix that. I

If the issue is a charging port, then a new battery will get it working, but he won't be able to charge that one either. In that case he could call Virgin Mobile and see about getting a replacement.

Upvote 0
Some Triumph's will not charge unless they are on the OEM charger/cable. I would try replacing the battery or getting an external charger to charge that one (or both).

If he doesn't have an account with VM (with that phone on it) then he won't be able to get a replacement from them for it. But it may be worth calling and explaining the situation. The phone should still be under the manufacturer's warranty.

Upvote 0
The external charger would fix the port issue as well. See if you can't find a battery plus external charger deal online.

This is assuming the phone isn't just a brick to begin with...

Correction it would acknowledge and ignore the port issue. No offense but buying an external battery charger doesn't fix the port issue it's a workaround. For all we know the broken port could lead to further damage. It's best to get things like that fixed than trying to find a workaround.

Upvote 0
From time to time I have issues with my triumph charging. I usually have to unplug the battery and plug it back into the phone. Then it will charge.
Sometimes it seems to be the battery is the issue and othertimes it seems its the OS thats the issue when the screen go into a frozen state and the fix is the same. Unplug battery, plug it back in.
Really annoying.

I have my phone plugged 99% of the time I'm at home with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones