• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble installing stock ROM due to multiple '0' folders !HELP!

Dennis Uil

Lurker
Dec 5, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am having a lot of trouble restoring my GSM Galaxy Nexus to it's former glory. I installed CM12 and CWM recovery earlier but CM12 suddenly stopped working. My phone started rebooting over and over so I decided it was to time to flash the stock ROM. I flashed the stock ROM with WugFresh's root toolkit. And it worked fine besides the fact that writing the system.img took 30 mins, which is very unusual. I rebooted my device and CM12 showed up again... ?!. I tried flashing it by hand with ADB but no luck either. CM12 was still there. I've been busy 3 days now and suddenly realised that CM12 created new root folders after a factory reset which I did multiple times. So for example, my sdcard contains one root with a folder, named "0", that contains the files om my phone before the factory reset. The problem is that this folders contains the system and CM12 ROM too. So I have like four '0' folders, and the 'deepest' one contains the system and ROM. Assuming that if you flash a stock ROM, it will install in the root of my SD-card, but doesn't boot because it didn't overwrite the CM12 ROM in the deepest '0' directory
frown.png
. If only CM12 was working, I could manualy delete all the unneccesary '0' folders... I really have no idea how to continue from now on and I really need your help
confused.png

Edit: I tried: adb shell rm -r /sdcard/0 and it is gone but if I reboot Recovery and look into my folders everything is there again...

epilogue:
- Maybe the fact that sytem.img took 30 minutes to write has something to do with all those '0' folders
confused.png

- I tried flashing multiple recovery's to my device but they only show up if I open them via ADB. Ohterwise CWMR shows up again because that one is actually installed in the 'correct' (read:incorrect) folder.
- With Skipsoft roolkit I actually received an error while writing userdata.img. It said: remote: write fail. I thought this was due the multiple installation folders and the toolkit not knowing where to place/flash the rom.

So I need to remove all the 0 folders and place the OS back in the sdcard's root, or I have to somehow tell android to place the stock rom in the same directory as CM12, or I need to somehow wipe the complete sdcard so I can install a new recovery and flash the stock rom... I have no idea how however.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones