• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help trouble managing apps and memory

Etwizzy

I have a stock Samsung galaxy rush. I want to root but due to the fact that I'm a noob and I bricked my last phone. I decided to leave the rooting to the professionals. I am trying to find a way to move apps to my sd card. I've read the info here and at first i thought it helped. However moving things from sd card to ext. Sd via my files has drawbacks. Example some of my data gets lost in transaction.

Any help would be great:D:thumbup::confused:

It isn't possible without root. Samsung disabled app to sd.

I kind of thought so. I have another question aside from Odin is there like a fail safe way to root your phone? I don't want to risk this phone going brick on me. Better yet if you know a method of root that more than likely will not fail please send me the link thanks:cool::D

I kind of thought so. I have another question aside from Odin is there like a fail safe way to root your phone? I don't want to risk this phone going brick on me. Better yet if you know a method of root that more than likely will not fail please send me the link thanks:cool::D

This is pretty much fool proof:
http://androidforums.com/rush-all-things-root/632670-oudhs-clockworkmod-recovery-6-0-1-9-a.html
Though I personally don't use the Touch version of CWM since one of the menues doesn't show properly for me for some reason, just use the other CWM (non-touch) and you will have no problems.

I wanted to ask someone if they could look in their phone in and tell me what apps are listed as device administrators from the factory reset are basically any Samsung Apps are they supposed to be listed as device administrators I had a problem deleting an app got ya face trap but now I have a com Samsung app listed as a device administrator is that correct or incorrect or do I have a spy app on my phone or something of the sort any help would be appreciated I didn't know where to post this I thought I might ask someone these are the 2 apps listed

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363243693697.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363243693697.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 57
A factory reset might also fix your other problem. Also do a wipe cache as if you were installing a rom. If that doesn't work there are stock roms (rooted and unrooted) in the all things root sub forum. Good luck!

A factory reset might also fix your other problem. Also do a wipe cache as if you were installing a rom. If that doesn't work there are stock roms (rooted and unrooted) in the all things root sub forum. Good luck!

thanks a lot for the advice. I've already found a nice um stock rom and I was in the sub forum when I found it. Actually what I did was I just installed superuser right onto it so I basically have a nice stock rooted rom my only concern is when an update comes out will I be able to update?:confused: Thanks for the help.

Did you just install superuser or have you flashed the supersu? You should be able to update as long as all of the bloatware is there root or not

Did you just install superuser or have you flashed the supersu? You should be able to update as long as all of the bloatware is there root or not

Honestly I'm still a noob here so please explain to me what flashing is exactly. I would hate to be using the wrong terminology.

Honestly I'm still a noob here so please explain to me what flashing is exactly. I would hate to be using the wrong terminology.

Flashing generally refers to installing a zip file through recovery. Some people also refer to installing files with Odin as flashing.

Back
Top Bottom