• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble Setting up Bluetooth FoxFi

NewArtDroid

I've been having trouble setting up the FoxFi Bluetooth with my Lenovo T430 running Windows XP.

Some of you know I've been upset about FoxFi wireless not working with KitKat. Anyhows, I was able to install PDANet on my work computer, a Lenovo T430. While I often get error messages when it reboots, the USB mode works fine.

The next was Bluetooth. I couldn't tell if my computer had a Bluetooth, but I eventually found it did. But with Windows XP, I had to download some enhanced driver issued Feb 2014. With that installed, I started the Bluetooth application on my computer and paired it with my Droid Maxx. Successful. However, the manager on my computer still says the XT1080 Droid Maxx is disconnected.

I then opened the PDAnet application on my computer and chose Settings, Bluetooth Pairing. However, it does not see my phone. I looked on the web and saw something on the PDA website about setting up a dial up connection with the Bluetooth as a modem, however, that option did not appear for me. I'd appreciate any suggestions

No one one posted, so I wanted to give an update.

I got Bluetooth paired between my phone and my Thinkpad. On my phone, I had to make sure to click the button to connect to the computer. I was able to play music from my phone and it played through my computer's speakers.

However, I'm still not able to get FoxFo to work. i followed their instructions on their website and setup a dialup connection. However, it doesn't work. I also tried their Desktop app and chose Bluetooth, but it claims the computer doesn't have Bluetooth. However, it DOES have Bluetooth as I played music as I mentioned above. I E-mailed FoxFi when I wrote the above E-mail, but did not get any response.

Back
Top Bottom