• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TURBO 2 sound sucks

roach86

Lurker
Nov 11, 2015
if i can't get this phone any louder its going back tomorrow is,this would be the first that would be going back since they started making them,it's real bad barley hear the phone ringing and i work outside,i hope i can get a fix for it fast.
the only reason i bought it was i dropped my last razr maxx hd 3 days ago and it hit the screen perfectly on a piece of iron pipe,because i dropped it 20 times before and it never cracked before.
i played around with it a couple hours and gave up.i googled it and seen others having the same issues with theres.moto x pure edition from motorola is the next best phone if i decide to replace my t-2
thank's
MotoX Pure Edition
4344700_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=150;canvasWidth=105

Enjoy a 5.7" 1440p Quad HD display and front-facing stereo speakers.
5.7” Quad HD
Dual front facing stereo speakers
Rear Camera 21 MP
Front Camera 5 MP w/ flash
Water Protection
Micro SD Storage
Fast Charging 1
Price $399

Welcome to Android Forums.

I found the volume controls on Android devices to be one of the most confusing things to learn when I was getting started. Are you sure that all seven volume controls are set to the maximum?

In Tasker as an example they are ...
A - Alarm
C - In-Call
D - DTMF
M - Media
N - Notification
R - Ringer
S - System

For your problem ... is the Ringer volume turned all the way up?

... Thom

Upvote 0
Do you have any problem with the Ringer volume as the OP apparently does?

I honestly can't say for sure. I only received mine on Monday evening, and most of the calls I've gotten since then were during work hours, so Tasker had turned my ringer off.
Even outside of work hours, I keep vibrate on and the phone rides in my hip pocket, so I'm still alerted more by feel than sound, even if the ringer is active.
However in goofing around with the speaker phone and various ringtones, it doesn't really strike me as any quieter than my previous phone was.

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0
if i can't get this phone any louder its going back tomorrow is,this would be the first that would be going back since they started making them,it's real bad barley hear the phone ringing and i work outside,i hope i can get a fix for it fast.
the only reason i bought it was i dropped my last razr maxx hd 3 days ago and it hit the screen perfectly on a piece of iron pipe,because i dropped it 20 times before and it never cracked before.
i played around with it a couple hours and gave up.i googled it and seen others having the same issues with theres.moto x pure edition from motorola is the next best phone if i decide to replace my t-2
thank's
Did you take the plastic protector off from the screen or at least cut the bottom 1/2"? Once I did that, the sound volume increased by 5X, maybe a full order of magnitude. I'm keeping that plastic piece until I buy a case and possibly a real screen protector.

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones