• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turn Based RPGs : What would you want/improve?

Howdy folks!

Welp, that's that. The Legena Engine has reached Basic Grade. Woohoo! This means that it now has all the needs for a turn based RPG. *sets off fireworks in celebration*

Am I stopping there? Hell no! I want to go further. Over the next few weeks, I'm doing code clean+upgrading. To make it super awesome. And after that, I'm implementing GameStick and Ouya support. Wowsa! And finally, a kickass Audio engine.

So then...if I have this list of stuff to do, why post this thread? Well, there's not many JRPGs around these days (or in my case, BRPGs. British Role Playing Games). Seems to be a niche market. So I thought I would ask you guys for your opinions.

What would you like in terms of gameplay in a turn based RPG? Minigames? Trophies? Let us know!

What would you improve? And how would you improve it? Let us know this too!

We want to know your thoughts on JRPGs! That way we can turn this...

ThePhoenixHeart - YouTube

...engine into the best JRPG/BRPG trilogy that you Android folks will ever get! The feedback we're getting is already amazing. We just need to give it more to be wowed at!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones