• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turn of display of time/date and notifications whenever the device is moved

David Gard

Lurker
I'm a first time Nexus user and a proud owner of a shiny looking 5X. It's a great little device in most ways, although there is one thing in particular that gets my goat, and, because the device suffers from poor battery life (sorry, but compared to my previous HTC One M8 and work's Samsung Galaxy Note 4 it's atrocious), I'm wondering if it can be changed...

When the phone is locked, every time there is any kind of movement the screen lights up with the time/date and notifications. I appreciate that the screen is mono at this time, but with it's very poor battery life the device really suffers because of this feature. When checking my battery usage the screen often accounts for 12-15% of my battery drain even if I've not really used the device (like today, when I'm at work).

The issue seems to be that the screen is coming on when the phone is either in my pocket, or placed in a little nook in my car. I'd really like to turn this off as I can see that I have notifications because of the flashing LED, but I can't find a way of doing it.

Is it possible to do turn this feature off?

Thanks,
David

Thank you, that seems to have done the trick.

I'm not sure on the battery drain, but why "screen" would take up so much battery when I haven't used the device much is a mystery to me. It really is a shame that the battery is so poor in this device - other than that it's fantastic - hopefully future Marshmallow updates will help.

Your welcome.
Some apps (sorry I don't know which ones) will keep screen time on. If you search around the forum you should find them.

I've found the battery to be OK, but that is compared to my last phone which was atrocious (it was 3 years old ;)).

If you're having problems, take a look at the battery settings screen to see if there is a particular apps that's hammering the battery - could be an issue with one of your apps.

Back
Top Bottom