• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turn Off Airplane Mode Confirmation Dialog

Vlad Soare

Hello,

On Samsung devices, when you activate the Airplane Mode a confirmation dialog box appears. I'd like to get rid of that. I'm a grown man. If I press a button, it's because I want something to happen. I don't need the system to ask me whether I'm sure. Of course I'm sure, you idiot, otherwise I wouldn't have touched that button! :rolleyes:
As I understand, one way to solve this problem would be to install the Xposed Framework and the Wanam module. However, I have Lollipop 5.0, and the Xposed Framework for Lollipop is still in an experimental phase and doesn't work well with TouchWiz.
Is there any other way? The phone is rooted, and I'm not afraid to make changes to system files. :D

Thank you.

But I love this phone. And I love TouchWiz (except for a few minor annoyances like this one).
Besides, I thought customization was supposed to be Android's greatest asset. "Get another phone" is the kind of advice one would give an iPhone owner, isn't it? :p

Isn't there a setting somewhere, like "StupidUser=1", which I could change to "StupidUser=0", or something like that? :oops:

Since you love this phone and are root-ed ... the magnificent Tasker app has the capability to respond to a dialog box.

Visit the Tasker sub-forum to this forum to check that out. The idea is that instead of requesting Airplane mode the way you currently do you hit a button that invokes Tasker that invokes Airplane mode and when the dialog appears it automatically answers it. Therefor you hit a button and it enters airplane mode.

Also ... setting Airplane mode in Tasker on Android 5.0 requires a plug-in to Tasker (you are already root-ed). Without it when you try setting Airplane mode you will find the action marked unavailable on your device and it will point you to the way to achieve it with the plugin.

... Thom

There are widgets that turn airplane mode on and off that don't prompt you. I used them on an Asus tablet and HTC phone. Never tried on a Samsung, though.

Hello,

On Samsung devices, when you activate the Airplane Mode a confirmation dialog box appears. I'd like to get rid of that. I'm a grown man. If I press a button, it's because I want something to happen. I don't need the system to ask me whether I'm sure. Of course I'm sure, you idiot, otherwise I wouldn't have touched that button! :rolleyes:
As I understand, one way to solve this problem would be to install the Xposed Framework and the Wanam module. However, I have Lollipop 5.0, and the Xposed Framework for Lollipop is still in an experimental phase and doesn't work well with TouchWiz.
Is there any other way? The phone is rooted, and I'm not afraid to make changes to system files. :D

Thank you.
Hello there,
I hope it's not to late, but I just figured out a way to do this. Install an automation app, whether its tasker, Macrodroid, or other apps, then create a task or a macro to toggle Airplane mode via a button, a widget, or another trigger you prefer, thus you wouldn't see any dialog before toggling Airplane mode.

Back
Top Bottom