• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TuT] Unlock Your Bootloader!

Hello!
It's here!
NOTE: Rookies do not use.
NOTE: By doing this, you agree that your device resetting, getting bricked, or something goes wrong. Is not my fault. I will however, do everything in my power to help you fix it. In this case, a fix should be relatively easy.

NOTE: Only use on ZV9
TO CHECK IF ZV9: Open settings, about phone, software info, the last thing should say software version: LS751ZV9

Now... On to the thing everyone has been waiting for.
A BOOTLOADER UNLOCK!

I'm not going to go through the mumbo-jumbo you all came here for one thing. How? So here it goes:

Download the LG Drivers.
Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347799389
Download aboot.zip from this thread.
IMPORTANT: Extract aboot.zip to reveal aboot.img

Got it? Good.
On your WINDOWS OS: Open a command prompt in that folder. Put your LG Volt 2 into Download mode. (Hold volume up and plug in) GO CMD
navigate to the folder you downloaded, and run ports.bat The com number of the one that says "LGDIAG (etc...)" Longest one, is your com port. Take note!
Or:
Got it? Good!
On your WINDOWS OS: Open a command prompt in that folder. Put your LG Volt 2 into Download mode. (Hold volume up and plug in) GO to Device Manager, and under COM ports, check your devices COM port.
On command prompt, type these commands.

Move aboot.img to that folder.

In your CMD:
Push_File.exe \\.\COM# aboot.img /tmp/aboot.img
[Enter]
Send_Command.exe \\.\COM#
[Enter]
ls /tmp
[Enter]

NOTE: [IT SHOULD SAY FAIL]

ls /tmp
[Enter]

NOE: [YOU SHOULD SEE aboot.img]

mount -uw
[Enter]
mount -o remount,rw /
[Enter]
dd if=/tmp/aboot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
[Enter]
LEAVE
[Enter]

Unplug the phone, it should reboot into your normal OS (It might take 5 mins. Let it be.)
Enjoy your bootloader unlock!

Attachments

• aboot.zip
    332 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: Brian706
I'm bout to let you know. I know its an old post and all...but I decided to pull out my old phones and start messin. My volts rooted. While trying to root my volt 2 w/Kingroot...got it stuck in a boot loop. I took it back to Boost and they gave me another one AND let me keep the old one...I know right. I wiped the cache and factory reset the other night when I dug the phones back out. It worked but then it stuck at connecting to network phase of initial setup. I couldn't bypass it but got lucky when I tried to put it in download mode and a lockscreen Kingroot installed popped up and would let me boost the battery charging AND allowed me to access my settings from the lockscreen. It said I was rooted so I tried going in and deleting all the setup crap...and it worked. Long story short lol, WiFi kept dropping so I swapped kingroot for supersu me ( wasn't thinking) and then wiped cache and factory reset. Supersu me doesn't have that lock screen. I'm stuck at setup again. Tried flashing with a stylo kvc and super su per an xda forum where everyone said it worked for the volt 2 also...didn't hurt but didn't help. Don't know what else to do so I'm hoping I can do this to get twrp or cwm and take it from there. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to let u know the background info AND cause nobody ever got back with u.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones