• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Twitter Auto-Updating?

thisisnascar

I'm using the standard Twitter application on my Maxx. I have an issue in that sometimes when I come back into Twitter, it jumps to the most recent tweets rather than where I left off. For example, if I hadn't used it for 8-hours, I'd expect the tweets I saw when getting back into it would be 8-hours old or so. What I'm seeing instead, many times, is Twitter starting where the tweets are only 1-hour old or so. I then have to scroll down to pickup where I think I left off.

I'd hope this application would consisting start me back where I left off and not skip to current data. Any suggestions other than looking at an alternative Twitter application?

Im having the same thing happen to me. I have tried seesmic, tweetcaster, and a few others and all do the same thing. Best thing I can figure is that the missed tweets outgrow the cache allowed by the program and it loses the older tweets and keeps the newer ones.

In my case, all the tweets are still there, but the end-marker of where I left off is messed up. Where it should be starting, for example, with 8h old tweets, it's taking me to tweets from 1h old.

Each time I enter the Twitter app, I want start at the 1st unread tweet, whether it was 1h ago or 24h ago.

I have been having the same issue with Tweetcaster for a few months now, so I don't think it is specific to software. Maybe something with Twitter itself?

Back
Top Bottom