• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Two more images in May

electricpete

Android Expert
Here is where we’ve been:

FEB: MMB29Q

MAR: MMB29V

APR: MMB29X, MOB30D

MAY: MMB30G, MOB30I​

It seems that in April we forked: keeping the old MMB series and starting a new MOB series.

Speculation on some sites is that the new MOB fork has a new radio and the old MMB fork is kept around for some carriers for which the new radio hasn't yet been tested or accepted.

I attached in pdf form a screenshot of windows explorer panes showing unzipped images of last months April MMB (on left) and April MOB (on right). I can confirm there is some different series in the radio filename. Also small size differences between the system and boot... not sure if this indicates a real difference or just the way it's stored on my computer (I'm too lazy to do an md5 comparison). Only the bootloader and cache images remained unchanged in file size on my computer. (the recovery file I happened to delete from one directory and not the other,... I never flash stock recovery).

In April I flashed both – didn’t see any difference on AT&T.
For May I’m going to flash the one that looks newer (MOB30I)

Attachments

Last edited:
I flashed MOB30I today. It seems snappier...I'm not sure about the radio, my phone is on Verizon and had the MM version from April. This is the first time I've flashed since December.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160506-111723.png
    Screenshot_20160506-111723.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
It may just be luck of the draw, but it seems like my battery life is better since I flashed. I'm not sure if MM compared to MO would really make any difference. I'm sure time will tell. ;)

Back
Top Bottom