• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TWRP for Orbic Wonder

D

Deleted User

I wanted to separate this out from the "main thread" into its own sort of thing to diffuse discussion a little bit, and to allow people to jump directly to the topic they're interested in. Anyway here's our current TWRP image for this phone, dirty ported from the Moto E4 Plus Owens TWRP image because we don't have proper sources to make our own from scratch yet. If we ever manage to get that though I'll update this post!

WHAT WORKS:
  • Everything except what's listed below
WHAT DOESN'T WORK/BUGS:
  • /oem wont mount but who cares anyway
  • /data won't mount by default because the phone is force-encrypted. To fix this you need to flash the disable-encryption-and-verity zip, format /data and do a factory reset, then retry. If you ever flash back to any sort of stock ROM you'll subsequently need to flash that disable-encryption zip again or else you'll be back at square 1
  • The phone shows up as an E4 Plus because it's a dirty port from the E4 Plus TWRP image. There's no real easy way to fix this. So for now if we make any sort of flashable ZIP for this phone we'll have to manually take out the ro.getprop check on the phone to get it to flash because TWRP thinks it's an E4
DOWNLOAD:

THANKS TO:

• Team Orbic that I'm working with on Telegram, including Ghostoftime and @noidodroid
  • TwrpBuilder for making the E4 Plus TWRP image we used to port, which can be found here
SCREENSHOTS:

I mean it's just a TWRP image so there's not much to show anyway, but here it is regardless:
11weu6e.pg

Reactions: ocnbrze

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones