• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Txt files saved on phone?

Raycomp

Lurker
Would like to know about the large number of txt file found in My Files like yst_connect_log.2070.txt and 2022-09--07.txt What is this all about and can I safely delete them.

Thank for any explanations

Where on the phone the files are could be important, but "My Files" isn't a location, it's an app. It should be able to tell you where the files are though. I don't use it because there are better file managers (true of most built-in apps), but I guess if you find one of the files, long press to select it, then look for the little 3 dot menu button one of the options will be "details" or something like that. That should tell you the "path", i.e. where in the filesystem the file is.

".txt" just means it's a plain text file, tells us nothing about the content. The "log" part in the first on suggests it's a log file from some service or whatever. Probably harmless to remove, but unless it's large it's also of little importance. One whose name is just a date can be anything, so where on the phone it is will be the only way to judge whether it is of any importance, unless you just open it up: if you click on it that will tell you whether you have any app installed that thinks it can read plain text files.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom