• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Typing password in android

96vksingh

Lurker
It generally happens while we type password in our Android phone, so the character is seen before it changes to star. It doesn't happen with the computers. What would be reason behind this?

Check the 'Make passwords visible' option, probably in your Settings >> Security menu (or Settings >> More >> Security menu, its location will vary depending on your phone model and version of Android). Enable or disable the option to your liking.
It might be worth your time to just go through all the options in your device's Settings menu so you can customize/optimize the way you like. There are plenty of other ways to alter the user interface.

It generally happens while we type password in our Android phone, so the character is seen before it changes to star. It doesn't happen with the computers. What would be reason behind this?
Adding to what others have said, the setting that controls this behavior may be in your keyboard. I use Hacker's Keyboard and one of its options is "Popup on keypress."

You didn't ask for it, but I'm going to give you my advice: don't disable it! As @lunatic59 pointed out, it's easy to press the wrong key, and this feature can save you some headaches.

Back
Top Bottom