• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK version Samsung S7 Edge

I am looking into upgrading to a S7 Edge from an S5. Looking at feedback from other purchasers who have ended up with a grey import from the US or have unknowingly been sold a European version.

I think it should be SM-G935 but some have additional letters as this SM-G930FEDANEE
Could someone let me know the correct coding for a UK phone.

Thanks

935 is the S7 Edge. 930 is the regular (and smaller) S7.

930F is an "International" model (i.e. not a North American one). UK and European are both 935F, as they are the same phone, though national subcodes can affect when updates are received. I've not been able to find that full code in Sammobile.com - it might be a carrier designation. But if it's the S7 Edge you want then that's not the phone you are looking for.

935 is the S7 Edge. 930 is the regular (and smaller) S7.

930F is an "International" model (i.e. not a North American one). UK and European are both 935F, as they are the same phone, though national subcodes can affect when updates are received. I've not been able to find that full code in Sammobile.com - it might be a carrier designation. But if it's the S7 Edge you want then that's not the phone you are looking for.

Thanks for the reply.

Some have been caught out by buying 935F and ending up with another language which they then cannot update. Seems I will have to be careful.

You should be able to change languages regardless, so that's odd.

The one you want is 935F anyway (since you don't want a Chinese or a North American version). But always be careful when buying second hand phones (a phone this old is either second hand or has sat in storage a very long time, possibly longer than I'd think optimal), and perhaps ask the seller about language directly.

You should be able to change languages regardless, so that's odd.

The one you want is 935F anyway (since you don't want a Chinese or a North American version). But always be careful when buying second hand phones (a phone this old is either second hand or has sat in storage a very long time, possibly longer than I'd think optimal), and perhaps ask the seller about language directly.

Good point about the age. The S5 I bought in similar fashion did not show any problem.

I know you can change the language but from what I have read the o/s will not update. It stays with the original language. So presumably you have to be in that country and appropriate provider.

I have an unlocked Vodafone UK SM-G930F S7, and it's been receiving OTA updates no problems here in China. In fact it recently had the May 2019 security patch update.

Language doesn't seem to be a problem with it, it's got most languages in. Including Chinese.

About languages on "International" Samsung phones, only thing I've come across is with carrier version devices and preloaded carrier apps they might have.

My unlocked Vodafone UK S7 has an app called Start, that comes in English only "Something is wrong... Please insert your Vodafone SIM card".
Which I think is to help setup and use Vodafone's services.

Of course I don't have a Vodafone SIM in China. But everything else on this phone is aright.

EDIT

In fact this Vodafone UK S7 is running an OTA update as I write this post.
Screenshot_20190604_071301.jpg

Last edited:
About languages on "International" Samsung phones, only thing I've come across is with carrier version devices and preloaded carrier apps they might have.

My unlocked Vodafone UK S7 has an app called Start, that comes in English only "Something is wrong... Please insert your Vodafone SIM card".
Which I think is to help setup and use Vodafone's services.

Of course I don't have a Vodafone SIM in China. But everything else on this phone is aright.

EDIT

In fact this Vodafone UK S7 is running an OTA update as I write this post.
View attachment 142233

After posting this, I just checked the installed OTA update information again, and it's still in Chinese only. Which is interesting, even though I've now got the default language set to English, and this is definitely a Vodafone UK version S7. It's definitely a European update, because it's addressing some issue with GDPR compliance.

After posting this, I just checked the installed OTA update information again, and it's still in Chinese only. Which is interesting, even though I've now got the default language set to English, and this is definitely a Vodafone UK version S7. It's definitely a European update, because it's addressing some issue with GDPR compliance.
Thanks. I have got my phone now. It is new ex T-Mobile. It needs a nano card so will have to see what happens when I fit it.

I have fitted the new sim and it connects ok - wifi etc. But I cannot get wifi calling enabled. Contacted 3 mobile and suggested contacting Samsung but they said it was down to the provider. Went back to 3 and they said it could only be enabled on a phone they supplied. So sending phone back for a refund unless anyone knows a work around.

Back
Top Bottom