• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to capture media

LoBatt

Android Enthusiast
I started to get to the aforementioned error when trying to record videos today using the stock camera app . I just took some video couple days ago with no problem and nothing has changed on the phone. The Google camera app just does nothing at all when you tap the record icon for a video. I restarted twice but no help. Any ideas?

I started to get to the aforementioned error when trying to record videos today using the stock camera app . I just took some video couple days ago with no problem and nothing has changed on the phone. The Google camera app just does nothing at all when you tap the record icon for a video. I restarted twice but no help. Any ideas?

See this post on the Droid Mini forums: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-mini/856372-camera-not-taking-video.html#post6630381

So, try turning off the OK Google detection in the Google Search app (which is redundant for Maxx owners with touchless controls turned on) and see if that fixes it.

I'm not sure if it will, but, based on that post on Motorola's forums, I think that may be it.

(So, it turns out that something did change on the phone: Google recently pushed out an update to the search app that is turning on OK Google detection system-wide.)

Let us know if that works...

See this post on the Droid Mini forums: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-mini/856372-camera-not-taking-video.html#post6630381

So, try turning off the OK Google detection in the Google Search app (which is redundant for Maxx owners with touchless controls turned on) and see if that fixes it.

I'm not sure if it will, but, based on that post on Motorola's forums, I think that may be it.

(So, it turns out that something did change on the phone: Google recently pushed out an update to the search app that is turning on OK Google detection system-wide.)

Let us know if that works...
That worked. Thanks! I had disabled touchless control in favor of the new OK Google option in Google Now. It's the option to listen from any screen which is the problem as you said.

Well Google pushed out another update to search and it turned on the okay Google hotword detection again. I had to go back in and turn it off again. I really wish Google would get this sorted out and stop turning it on by default.

Well Google pushed out another update to search and it turned on the okay Google hotword detection again. I had to go back in and turn it off again. I really wish Google would get this sorted out and stop turning it on by default.

That's weird. Mine stayed off. I turned it off as soon as the feature appeared and it has never turned back on.

If you have face regentition turned on then use a different kind of password because I had face regention turned on and my video camera stopped working.

Back
Top Bottom