• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to install an APK app

Sunny Rio

Android Enthusiast
This is not the usual thing, I have allowed APKs to be installed and have successfully installed many. But one I just downloaded, when I try to install it, I simply get "You can't install the app on your device" as a popup at the bottom of the screen. There are no choices after that.

Android 11, Samsung Galaxy A10

This is not the usual thing, I have allowed APKs to be installed and have successfully installed many. But one I just downloaded, when I try to install it, I simply get "You can't install the app on your device" as a popup at the bottom of the screen. There are no choices after that.

That could mean the particular app version is incompatible with your Galaxy A10.

Even after I upgraded form Android 9 to 11? I guess so, Windows works that way on upgrading.

Maybe it's got the 32 bit version because it has pitiful RAM (3GB).

Why didn't it just say use the 32 bit version instead of a vague error?

Trying 32 bit version....

Hello,

The error message "You can't install the app on your device" usually indicates that the APK file you are trying to install is not compatible with your device or Android version. Here are some possible reasons and solutions:

1. Incompatible APK: The APK file you downloaded may be incompatible with your device's architecture, screen resolution, or other hardware specifications. Check the APK's system requirements and compare them to your device's specifications to ensure compatibility.
  2. Unsupported Android version: The APK file may require a newer version of Android than what is currently installed on your device. Check the APK's system requirements and compare them to your device's Android version to ensure compatibility.
  3. Unknown sources blocked: Your device's security settings may be blocking installation from unknown sources. Go to your device's "Settings", then "Apps & notifications", and then "Advanced" to enable installation from unknown sources.
  4. Insufficient storage space: Your device may not have enough storage space to install the APK file. Free up some space on your device and try again.
  5. Corrupted APK: The APK file you downloaded may be corrupted or incomplete. For example you are trying downloading alight motion mod APK file from a pirated sites.
If none of these solutions work, it's possible that the APK file may not be compatible with your device or there may be other issues preventing installation.

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jesus, can't it tell me which? "There's a problem" is not a valid message to give a user. Android can get lost next time I buy a phone. It's a piece of crap.

Back
Top Bottom