• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to print from web page using DuckDuckGo

Bob Hawkins

I post here in desperation, recognising this is a browser/search engine issue but I have elicited no responses at https://www.reddit.com/r/duckduckgo.
I installed version 5.24.0 DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser on my wife's recently purchased Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet because I have used it on our mobile 'phones and my desktop PC for many years.
Opening, as an example, BBC Food and a recipe, tapping "Print recipe" has no effect. Selecting Share... then Wi-Fi Direct from the action overflow three-dot menu identifies my DIRECT-52-ENVY 5640 series printer that is acknowledged on the printer display with "successfully connected to mobile device" when tapped. Nothing further occurs.
I discovered the culprit is DuckDuckGo browser. The print facility works directly in Chrome, tapping "Print recipe" in the case of BBC Food, or "Share..." in the action overflow three-dot menu followed by tapping the "Print" icon in the "Share via" window that displays.
I wonder whether anyone can shed light on this issue?

SOLVED
I chose to uninstall DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser and add its website to the Home Screen instead. It worked in two offered ways: 1. tapping "Print recipe" and 2. tapping the action overflow three-dot menu, Share... and the "Print" icon that displays in the resulting window, "Share via".
Why the function is not possible within the app remains a mystery.

Back
Top Bottom