• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to uninstall Quickheal mobile security ?

rohit_4739

Sep 6, 2012
Hi All,

I installed QuickHeal Mobile Security from Google market on my Samsung Ace Plus GT-S7500 , now i want to uninstall it but i am not able to do so. I do not know why it is happening but when i try to uninstall the task manager says Uninstall not finished. I tried killing the Quick Heal process and service first and then trying uninstalling it but again no success.

So can anybody please help me in uninstalling it. :(

Thanks,
RB

Their own help page says that you need to deactivate it before you can uninstall - instructions can be found here. It may be that it's been set as a device administrator (common in these security apps), which will interfere with uninstallation. Follow their deactivation procedure then try, and see whether that solves it.

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0
Hi All,

I installed QuickHeal Mobile Security from Google market on my Samsung Ace Plus GT-S7500 , now i want to uninstall it but i am not able to do so. I do not know why it is happening but when i try to uninstall the task manager says Uninstall not finished. I tried killing the Quick Heal process and service first and then trying uninstalling it but again no success.

So can anybody please help me in uninstalling it. :(

Thanks,
RB
Hiii Rohit...Same thing happened with me too..It doesn't get uninstalled b'coz it automatically gets set as device administrator..So u first need to deactivate it from the device administrators list...Then it can easily be uninstalled..
To deactivate it,go to settings-> security -> device administrators ->click on the quick hill app n then finally press the deactivate button.
Now using task manager u can easily uninstall Quick hill.
This is how me too removed it from ma phone..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones