• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unexpected Factory Reset, and now I can't change my sound settings!

adainunig

Lurker
Last night, as I was getting ready to go to bed, I went to set my alarm and my phone shut down. When it started up, there was some form of message--I wasn't quick enough to catch what it was.

Then suddenly, it was back at factory defaults. My apps are gone, my accounts are all signed out. I am confused as to how this happened, and worried it could happen again. Any insight would be welcome.

Part two of the annoyance is that now when I try go into the System menu and change my sounds--notification or ringtones--I get the message "The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I've turned the phone off and on again and tried again several times.

I've been able to change other settings--language and keyboard specifically--but not the sounds.

I'm confuzzled. Help!

I would suggest going into recovery and doing a manual factory reset and start over

I would suggest going into recovery and doing a manual factory reset and start over

I've done a manual factory reset now. I paid close attention to see if the same sort of error message popped up while it was starting up, and it didn't. Everything seems to be working smoothly. I hope that means that everything is now copacetic.

*crosses fingers*

This morning, my phone froze and I was able to catch a piece of the message on reboot (back to factory defaults again)

system check returned status 1024 e2fsck ... something something

please return to manufacturer for debugging

Googling reveals it may be a problem with the internal SD card. I'm guessing this means I should take it back to the store and get help.

Back
Top Bottom