• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped

myball123

Lurker
Hi all

I am trying to transfer a large number of photos, contained in a number of folders, from my Win7 PC to my Nexus 7. I am doing this via 2 open windows on my PC and dragging and copying the various folders.

Unfortunately the transfer only runs for a minute or 2 before the following message is displayed on my N7: Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped. This has happened on numerous occasions.

I am running Android V 4.2.2.

Grateful if you could give me any advice in how to fix this problem.

Rgerads

Simon

I have just tried again after disconnecting and reconnecting the N7.

This time I go t the error message 'unfortunately, media storage has stopped'.

MTP unfortunately is incredibly unstable with a large number of files. You need to break down your transfers into smaller chunks or look into alternate methods of transfer.

You should also ensure that your tablet is using a high quality cable and it is plugged directly into the computer and not a USB hub.

If rooted you can transfer a lot of files in a hurry using a USB pen drive and OTG cable.

You can also use a file manager like ES File Explorer, share the folders on your windows system, then transfer them over a local WiFi connection.

Share files between Android and Windows with ES File Explorer | How To - CNET

Back
Top Bottom