• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unified mail client

Volt9000

I notice on my GS3 I have two mail apps: one specifically for GMail and another which is for all e-mail.

I don't like the idea of having multiple clients depending on the type of e-mail address I have. Is there a unified e-mail client someone can recommend which supports all types of e-mail?

You do not have to use the gmail app. You can setup the stock email app to receive your gmail along with your other emails.

If you want to try a third party app I recommend K9 email app. This is what I use.

The default one will work with gmail as well if you want just use that one alone. i use maildroid, you can look into that one as well.

If you decide not to use the GMail app, go in to accounts and setting then select Google. In there, uncheck sync email. If you do not uncheck this you will get emails in both your gmail app and other email app. You will still receive your GMail in the stock email or what ever email app you choose to use.

Back
Top Bottom