• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unknown app messing up my MotoG screen

ronfrew

Lurker
Hello,
I want to delete an unknown app that is permanently active on my MotoG screen. It seems to some kind of drawing app because when I touch the screen with my finger a blue crosshair appears, and when I move my finger around the screen it leaves a thin red line behind. Also at the top of the screen is a row of numbers which keep changing as my finger moves about.
It’s been driving me nuts for weeks now I just want rid of it, if anyone can help I will be really grateful,
regards from Ron

Please post a screen shot, an actual picture is better than a worded description for something like this.
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/motorola/motorola-moto-g-5g/screenshot/

Otherwise, it almost goes without saying but have you just restarted your Moto G to see if that fixes the problem. A simple reboot might clear out this issue if it's just some one-off glitch. From your description it might necessarily be caused by a misbehaving app or service, but just some option you inadvertently enable by mistake.

Hello,
I want to delete an unknown app that is permanently active on my MotoG screen. It seems to some kind of drawing app because when I touch the screen with my finger a blue crosshair appears, and when I move my finger around the screen it leaves a thin red line behind. Also at the top of the screen is a row of numbers which keep changing as my finger moves about.
It’s been driving me nuts for weeks now I just want rid of it, if anyone can help I will be really grateful,
regards from Ron
Boot your phone into safe mode and check if it working fine or not. If you are not facing the problem in safe mode then it means that some third party apps are causing this problem.

Hello again, so I have tried various things to switch off, or delete, whatever App is permanently active on my screen showing a blue crosshair under my finger, and leaving a thin red line on the screen when I move my finger around the screen even if I am dialling or using any other app.
I tried booting into safe mode but that didn’t work, I disabled or force stopped every App on my phone, also deleted all Apps cache and storage.
It seems my only option now is a factory reset.I have attached some snapshots of the screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230119-084141.png
    Screenshot_20230119-084141.png
    219 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom