• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocked nexus 6 on metro pcs can't get hotspot to work

I've got an unlocked Nexus 6 activate on Metro PCS. My plan allows me 8 gigs of wireless hotspot. When I turn on the hotspot, my devices will connect, but they tell me they can't connect to the server or that the internet isn't available. Both Metro PCS and Motorola said that it should be working. Can someone please help me? I've checked APN setting, reset, troubleshooted etc. I'm kinda techy, sort of. I'd even settle for an easy root and get hotspot that way. Seems hard to root these phones using a Mac. Maybe I'm just a newbie, lol. Anyways, whatever help you folks can offer will be much appreciated!

Chris

Call Metro.
If you Google it, there are several threads about MetroPCS, and BYOP , not having the included teathering/hotspot working.

Which one would you recommend? I've scoured the web a bit looking at this. I'm worried about messing with the wrong one and screwing this phone up. Anyone already fix this here?

Which one would you recommend? I've scoured the web a bit looking at this. I'm worried about messing with the wrong one and screwing this phone up. Anyone already fix this here?

I didn't want to mess with root. I took mine to Sprint, cut your bill in half. No contract,price for 2 years $40 a month, with 10GB data (then unlimited slower). All 10GB can be used for tether. I use the built-in tethering menu, works great.

I would still call Metro first, see what they say.

I would reccomend just rooting and chaning the build prop and tether. I would take like 20 mins if you follw instuctions well.

Back
Top Bottom