• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocked T-Mobile phone

bg1287

So I picked up a T-Mobile unlocked S5 which was pretty much in perfect condition for 435 bucks. Pretty good deal.

Now considering it's actually T-Mobile branded, but unlocked, does that mean I could just throw in my already existing sim card from them and be good to go? Not have to do any reprogramming?

I did actually have to get a refund on this phone though unfortunately. After everything was purchased and paid for, of course the seller sent me a message saying oh I just found out it was originally for AT&T, not T-Mobile. wow really dude?

I'm sure it could work... but for 435 dollars, I expect to get what I ordered. Luckily I found another one for 400 bucks that was unlocked and actually originally for T-Mobile.

I did actually have to get a refund on this phone though unfortunately. After everything was purchased and paid for, of course the seller sent me a message saying oh I just found out it was originally for AT&T, not T-Mobile. wow really dude?

I'm sure it could work... but for 435 dollars, I expect to get what I ordered. Luckily I found another one for 400 bucks that was unlocked and actually originally for T-Mobile.

Even if it was AT&T, if it is unlocked, you should be able to use your T-Mobile sim. But, you got a better deal so it worked out.

Yup! Got it today. It's in great shape, almost brand new. other than a few little nicks that I already knew about.

Loaded up my sim card and everything that needs to be working is great so far. Only a few issues. Sometimes something I'm trying to do it shows both Wifi and 4G LTE on. Is this normal? And when I try to access my t-mobile account on wifi, it'll tell me to turn it off and please try again. It'll actually get stuck. what's that?

Yup! Got it today. It's in great shape, almost brand new. other than a few little nicks that I already knew about.

Loaded up my sim card and everything that needs to be working is great so far. Only a few issues. Sometimes something I'm trying to do it shows both Wifi and 4G LTE on. Is this normal? And when I try to access my t-mobile account on wifi, it'll tell me to turn it off and please try again. It'll actually get stuck. what's that?

Sometimes both LTE and Wifi will be exchanging data at the same time. However, the LTE should stop once it is done. Some apps require LTE to be on. (I"m not sure which apps but I see LTE and Wifi exchanging data at the same time frequently).

As far as T-Mobile account, are you accessing it via the T-Mobile My Account app or through a browser?

I'm using it through the app. for some reason that and the lte thing showing at the same time are the only issues I'm having. I'm just gonna install a mobile network shortcut so I can just shut off mobile data when I'm not using it.

I'm using it through the app. for some reason that and the lte thing showing at the same time are the only issues I'm having. I'm just gonna install a mobile network shortcut so I can just shut off mobile data when I'm not using it.

That app will still use mobile data even if you have the phone set to wifi. I see it all the time. It shouldn't be on too long to get the data it needs.

Back
Top Bottom