• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unroot from superboot

Hi all,

I want to get my Dell Streak (5) to factory condition again because I want to use the official froyo update. But I can't though, I heard because my phone is rooted. But I don't know how to unroot my phone. I thought I flashed my recovery and boot partitions with the stock roms, but every time I do a recovery, I get a clean and correct system, with the only exception that superuser is installed. I wouldn't mind that normally, but if that disables me to update with the official updates, I'd rather not.

I would really appreciate any help because I've been waiting on the Froyo update for a long time and now that it's here I can't have it. xD

Anyway, I have the AT&T Dell Streak with built 6601 installed and I rooted my phone with superboot from Modaco.

Thank you!

I don't know what root would have to do with it, mine was rooted until I applied the OTA 2.2 update. I didn't have any issues at all, but I had never changed the original ROM either. I lost root when the update was applied and haven't figured out how to re-root, but I am happy with 2.2 and all it brought to the party, so I am OK un-rooted for now.

Ok, I think I removed my root, I removed su from /system/xbin and removed Superuser.apk from /system/app (I think t whas, it whas a while ago). Anyway, I called dell tech support and I'm getting a replacement phone (again). I must say, this phone showed me issues when I first got it, it turned off randomly, but after a while it dissapeared so I didnt bother replacing it, but it seems that it's not good anyway now that I can update. ;)

Thank u for your response anyway!

Back
Top Bottom