• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unrooting

Kritic

Lurker
Oct 24, 2022
Hello! I recently bought a second hand Samsung A30 online and I wanted to update the software. Unfortunately it was unable to update with a text "operating system has been modified or tempered with"

I checked the phone status and it shows CUSTOM and not OFFICIAL.
How do I get the phone back to it's Stock Rom? Help

As @Dannydet posted, you need to flash the appropriate stock Samsung ROM to return your phone back to its original unrooted state.

When you rooted your phone, that was a fundamental change to the installed Android operating system. In order to go back to unrooted, you have to replace that altered, rooted operating system with a stock, clean, unrooted operating system. With Samsung phones, flashing a stock ROM will also install a stock Samsung Recovery.
Be sure to choose a ROM to download that exactly matches your specific model of A30. ROMs are not interchangeable, they are very device specific.
On the download page of the ROM you do select, there are instructions on how to use the Odin utility to do the flashing process. Read them and follow them, don't take shortcuts or make assumptions. It's not necessarily a difficult process but it does require specific steps to be taken in sequence.

Upvote 0
As @Dannydet posted, you need to flash the appropriate stock Samsung ROM to return your phone back to its original unrooted state.

When you rooted your phone, that was a fundamental change to the installed Android operating system. In order to go back to unrooted, you have to replace that altered, rooted operating system with a stock, clean, unrooted operating system. With Samsung phones, flashing a stock ROM will also install a stock Samsung Recovery.
Be sure to choose a ROM to download that exactly matches your specific model of A30. ROMs are not interchangeable, they are very device specific.
On the download page of the ROM you do select, there are instructions on how to use the Odin utility to do the flashing process. Read them and follow them, don't take shortcuts or make assumptions. It's not necessarily a difficult process but it does require specific steps to be taken in sequence.

Hey man, I really appreciate your response. I will try get it fixed with this your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones