• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unsolicited pic download?

prgynt

Lurker
My son was using my S9, looking at a website about a game called slimerancher. After he was done, I saw a picture had downloaded to my phone. I looked at it and it was an inappropriate picture of a young girl, not illegal I don't think, no nudity, but from some European child modeling website that caters to pedophiles (there was a studio name on the photo, I looked up info on them). I checked the history, and it shows right in the middle of browsing slimerancher this pic downloaded to my phone. He never went to another site, and was completely baffled by the picture. Anyone know how this could happen? The thought of possibly illegal material being put on my phone without my knowledge is very scary.

I've been seeing new hackings happen from random files like pictures being opened.. There's hidden malware inside the files even tho it just looks like a picture or .pdf It's very vicious cycle and whole accounts become compromised from it. I'd be very Leary about it. Might even help to disable storage permission from the browser so that it'd HAVE to asks permission to even download an files, first.. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom