• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unsupported SD Card

bfldworker

Android Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2012
Tennessee
www.facebook.com
I have a WTH situation. I have G900T variant of the GS5 that I just bought used. It is unlocked and rooted with TWRP recovery. I am still running Stock Marshmallow on it.

I have a Samsung EVO 64GB SDXC that will not work with the phone. I have used Diskpart (windows) cleaned it created a new partition using exFat, and I still get Unsupported SD Card. I have tried this card in my ZTE Zmax, LG G Tab F 8.0 a Windows 10 Tablet and even on my Windows laptop. The Card works perfectly everywhere else. I know the phone is designed to take upto a 128GB sdcard so it isn't a size issue. And both the SD Card and the phone are Samsung, so I assume there shouldn't be a issue in that arena.

So the question is. What am I doing wrong or what is wrong?

You can try using the app "SD Insight" and see what it shows for the card details. I have a similar card in my S5 G900T1 which is essentially the same phone and it works fine, I've had no such issues with it.
Does the phone give you an option to format the card? If so I'd format it in the phone and see what happens.
I'd also try a different, known good card in the phone and see if you get the same result. If you do there may be a hardware problem with the phone's card reader, or a system issue. If you haven't gone too far with loading stuff onto it a factory reset might be worth a try at this point if none of the suggested options work.

Upvote 0
You can try using the app "SD Insight" and see what it shows for the card details. I have a similar card in my S5 G900T1 which is essentially the same phone and it works fine, I've had no such issues with it.
Does the phone give you an option to format the card? If so I'd format it in the phone and see what happens.
I'd also try a different, known good card in the phone and see if you get the same result. If you do there may be a hardware problem with the phone's card reader, or a system issue. If you haven't gone too far with loading stuff onto it a factory reset might be worth a try at this point if none of the suggested options work.

I will try that app to see what it says. As for trying a known good card. I have 3 of the same identical cards and no dice.
yes it does but it gives me command 7 error

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones