• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Updated JIT

download it, move it to your zip folder and install from zip. Just for grins I put my filesystem back to ext2 after I installed it to see what kind of numbers I could get. 578 quad score! Still going back to ext4 though.

download it, move it to your zip folder and install from zip. Just for grins I put my filesystem back to ext2 after I installed it to see what kind of numbers I could get. 578 quad score! Still going back to ext4 though.

Whats the difference between ext4 and ext2?

I assume you are asking what's the difference in quad scores between ext2 and ext4. With ext2 I hit an all time high for me at 578, and was usually between 545 and 565. With ext4 I am between 336 and 346 but more stable. It's plenty quick. I also hit 9.213 Mflops on linpack.

If you have the clockwork mod you can switch between file systems very easily.
You don't have to wipe anything, just make the changes in recovery.

Well, with Vampirefo's recovery, CrapKernal and JM's jit, everything is working better than before, so I think I'll leave well enough alone for now.

Well, with Vampirefo's recovery, CrapKernal and JM's jit, everything is working better than before, so I think I'll leave well enough alone for now.

I'm probably not going to use Vampirefo's recovery much anymore. I like having the advanced options in CM.

[TheAndroid];2587860 said:
I'm probably not going to use Vampirefo's recovery much anymore. I like having the advanced options in CM.

I guess that was what my point was. It's a phone. I've already made it more complicated that it needed to be by rooting thanks to terrible engineers at Samsung. I just don't want to make it any more complicated.

Read this whole thread, have NO idea what JIT is or why I'd need to change it. Is this a case of "if you don't know, then you don't need it?" Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom