• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Updated OS on the le pan tc970?

mtinervin

Lurker
Hi, I am new to this forum and I have had my lepan tc970 for just under 2 months, and I even have it rooted via super one click. I love this tablet but I would love to get either gingerbread, honeycomb, or even ICS (I know ICS is a dream, but still want it) installed. Does anyone know of how to get any of those installed, and where might I get them from.

I'm not even sure I can install any OS besides whats already on it. If I can I would be grateful to any help I would receive. Thanks!

The company had originally said that there would be an upgrade coming out for the TC, but then abruptly changed their mind and said that there would be no upgrades available beyond the 2.2 because the hardware isn't able to handle it. So no factory upgrades...we can only hope that the Android community comes up with a way to upgrade it on their own.

I already have the latest firmware, and it did fix 90% of the freezes, but i still would like a newer os. I hope that someone is working on something newer than 2.2. :)

I inadvertently selected a foreign language in the settings menu. Now I can't get it to go to English and can't read the instructions due to the foreign language. Any help out there?

You should be able to go to settings and change it. If that doesn't work you might try resetting the unit and try again.

If no one has any better ideas you could always flash it again and start over.

Where do you find games like solitaire and mahjong.

Every App market site, Amazon Appstore, Getjar, Android Play Store, SlideMe Market to name a few. Just do a search on the key words. Getjar has a free version of Cut the Rope, both the old and new versions.

It seens many of us have spent good money for a tablet that can not be updated so it would work. I am now being forced to buy a new android and spent money I could use for other silly things like BILLS!!! Thank you Le Pen

It seens many of us have spent good money for a tablet that can not be updated so it would work. I am now being forced to buy a new android and spent money I could use for other silly things like BILLS!!! Thank you Le Pen

I've had mine for months and use it quite often, it fit the bill for what I wanted at the time and still does. I have a jelly bean 7 inch and find both very comparable. Not much I can't do on the lepan that I can do on the other one.

You'd better hope your creditors aren't reading your posts, they would not be pleased with you buying more stuff before paying what you owe :D

Enjoy your new rig! What are you thinking of getting?

Back
Top Bottom