• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upgrade payment succeeds but can't download

Aidan Bell

Twice now with different programs I've paid for an upgrade, the payment has gone through, but when I try to download the upgrade the download starts but then almost immediately stops. This happens time and time again. Normal Market downloads works 100% fine. Has anyone any thoughts as to what might be causing this? Thanks.

Who did you pay? I mean were these purchases through market place?

Do you get any notification of any kind after the download completes?

Who did you pay? I mean were these purchases through market place?
Yes, both legitimate Market purchases using my registered card.

Do you get any notification of any kind after the download completes?
In both cases the payment seems to have gone through fine. In Market, under "My apps", the right hand colum reads "purchased". Clicking on the programme there opens the "Personalisation" window where the options are "Purchased" and "Refund". Clicking "Purchased" it changes to "OK". Clicking "OK" brings up "Your item will be downloaded". Then the download bar appears under the task bar pull-down tab, but it stays light-blue-dark-blue-striped, it doesn't begin an actual download. Then it quickly stops and dissapears.
This happens every time.

Maybe I should try "Refund" And purchase again?

I've had this sort of think happen different times with the market and not specifically connected with going to a paid app.
Usually the situation just resolves itself. I have tried many different actions be have not found a single action that works every time.
The things I try are:
1) reboot and try right after
2) change from wifi to phone net and back; trying at each switch.
3) kill (force close) the market app
4) Download a free app (any app other than the one I have problems with) then when it starts downloading go and do the problem app
5) Have had some issues with the install failing and have found unmounting SD card will fix this

Many thanks for the helpful suggestions.
I checked my account and found that there was an issue with my credit card and that the payments weren't going through. A change of card quickly solved the issue and I've downloaded successfully.
Such a shame - and a major flaw - that the Market clearly says "Purchased"
against something that actually isn't purchased at all!

Back
Top Bottom