• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade to S3 for $99.99

matther22xdroid

Best buy is having an upgrade special this sunday where I can get the S3 for 99.99. Should I get the S3 or should I wait until closer to XMAS to see what other phones come out. Also the Droid Razr HD is coming out next Thursday.

Input is appreciated i'm on the fence here!

Best buy is having an upgrade special this sunday where I can get the S3 for 99.99. Should I get the S3 or should I wait until closer to XMAS to see what other phones come out. Also the Droid Razr HD is coming out next Thursday.

Input is appreciated i'm on the fence here!
That price is only for upgrades, so if your not at the 2 year point in your contract, you'll have to pay full price. Also, if you're on Verizon or AT&T, then you'll lose your unlimited plan if you get the discount.

There will always be new phones coming out, especially after you've just bought that latest new phone. Bite the bullet and take the plunge. Then ignore all the marketing hype for the next latest greatest must have phone that will be out next week... :D

That price is only for upgrades, so if your not at the 2 year point in your contract, you'll have to pay full price. Also, if you're on Verizon or AT&T, then you'll lose your unlimited plan if you get the discount.

There will always be new phones coming out, especially after you've just bought that latest new phone. Bite the bullet and take the plunge. Then ignore all the marketing hype for the next latest greatest must have phone that will be out next week... :D

I know that about the upgrade and I lost unlimited data long ago. Im just trying to decide if waiting would be the best thing to do or if taking the plunge wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Does anyone know if Best Buy has the ability to let you use another's line's upgrade for your own upgrade?

Assuming that other line is owned by a family member, (maybe your parents that aren't techy and dont care for newest smartphone (but still have a data plan)), you can get them to buy the phone upgrade. Then, you just pay your parents the $100 and put your sim in the new ,now yours, phone (assuming you're on the same network too).

well, here's what I'll say.
If you like the SGS3, you enjoy it's features, the size, how it feels in your hands, then go for it.
As stated so many times, there will always be a better device but if you can live with the SGS3 for 2 years, who cares what devices are coming out? If you are happy with that phone, who cares if the guy next to you has a better phone?

I update my phones every 5-7 years. Yep, you heard it. If I can live with the SGS3 for 5+ years, you can live with it for 2!

Hope that helps!

Does anyone know if Best Buy has the ability to let you use another's line's upgrade for your own upgrade?
At the store they'll activate it on the line with the upgrade. At home, you can switch the phone to whatever line you want on the Verizon site. I did it a couple weeks ago and I now have my S3 on my primary line with unlimited data.

Back
Top Bottom