• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Upgrading to 2.1

dmkjr

I'm thinking about rooting my phone tomorrow. I know I have to do a hard reset (wipe) to install the new ROM. When Motorola comes out with their update, will we need to wipe the phones then too?

Or perhaps that's what is taking so long for them to get the update out?

I'm thinking about rooting my phone tomorrow. I know I have to do a hard reset (wipe) to install the new ROM. When Motorola comes out with their update, will we need to wipe the phones then too?

Or perhaps that's what is taking so long for them to get the update out?

yes you have to wipe in order to root.

if you are rooted when the 2.1 update is released, and you want to flash the 2.1 flashstock firmware, that will automatically unroot and wipe your phone.

my suggestion would be to root, and stay rooted. it wont be long after the official 2.1. OTA is released that the devs will release a stable 2.1 ROM for the cliq. trust me, im rooted, and i have a lot of experience with 2.1, and id rather be rooted than have 2.1, if i had to choose.

so, root, and just wait for a 2.1 ROM. after rooting you will have plenty to experiment and play around with while youre waiting for a 2.1 ROM.

Back
Top Bottom