• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Uploaded music from external storage

exninja

Android Enthusiast
I'm sure I'm missing something because I've done this on my Nexus 5. I uploaded a music album from my library at home to the /storage/emulated/0/sdcard/music folder on my device. However, no player apps see these files (tried Google Play Music and BlackPlayer). I've refreshed multiple times in both with no avail, also restarted once. Am I missing something? I guess I can do it through Google Play on my computer at home, but I'm old fashioned and want to do it directly, cutting out the middle man.

That's strange - I have some mp3s in the same folder and they show up in my Google Play Music app.

Have you tried playing the mp3s direct from Settings>Storage&USB>Audio (or Explore) to check that the files have copied successfully and are playable?

Sort of. I was able to play them via ES File Explorer. When i go to settings-storage, the audio section shows data being used but when i tap on audio it shows empty. I had a similar issue where i "freed space" in Photos but similarly the storage list showed data there but didn't show the files when i clicked on them. Going through File Explorer showed the files.

I just got the Nougat update so I'm going to FDR tonight and see if it happens again after that. I'm wondering if transferring the files via File Explorer messed with it, but the photos issue makes me think it's something else.

No, I literally only uploaded one song and it worked. I have some file organizing to do at home then i would try some more.

Back
Top Bottom