• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB settings not availble on phone. No usb connectivity

ajcapser

Lurker
Hello forum. Thank you in advance for all of the reads and help.

This is an issue with my second acclaim. My first acclaim worked great for connectivity ect. Screen went bad got a new one from samsung a few weeks ago. No usb connectivity. Updated to Froyo on Friday. Installed Froyo no problem over usb. Still unable to connect to computer via usb when android is running. Dial up networking is off, usb debugging is off. There is no usb menu showing under my setting application menu. No usb icon ever appears in my status bar. Windows XP detects my phone and installs it as a modem and usb device. Tried the new drivers from Samsung more times than I can remembern. Tried to create a widget that will turn usb connectivity on and off. Still no luck. Widget tells me to connect the usb cable. It is connected. Infact tried 3 cords in 6 different ports on different usb cards in my tower. Tried the *#7284# to get to usb settings but that only took me to service settings and stopped me from making calls.

I'm at a loss here. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Welcome to Android Forums, ajcapser.

Do you have the drivers installed in your computer, for the Samsung acclaim? And do you have USB debugging enabled in menu > settings > applications > development?

Back
Top Bottom