• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using HTC One V out of box as wireless device, no phone?

Is this possible? Thinking of buying youngest DD one of these from Virgin or Amazon (or the LG Optimus Elite) - she wants to use Instagram, etc - and having her use it like an iPod Touch - only where wireless is available. Then adding a data plan/phone number for her on her next birthday (summer 2013). Is there anything special we should know? Will it work out of the box or are their tweaks? We are very new at this Android thing.

Thanks for the advice.

Is this possible? Thinking of buying youngest DD one of these from Virgin or Amazon (or the LG Optimus Elite) - she wants to use Instagram, etc - and having her use it like an iPod Touch - only where wireless is available. Then adding a data plan/phone number for her on her next birthday (summer 2013). Is there anything special we should know? Will it work out of the box or are their tweaks? We are very new at this Android thing.

Thanks for the advice.
i bought mine about 3 weeks before i activated it. i got used to it on wifi, yes, you'll be able to do all those things w no plan. go for it

Back
Top Bottom