• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

verizon release date

I went to the local V store at lunchtime, and they had both a real phone (hooked up with the security junk) and an un-tethered, full weight 'dummy'. This phone felt Really good in my hand!
They were too busy for me to find out if I could get one now, which I guess is fine since I'm still debating between this and the Galaxy S4.
The GS4 is a proven top performer with a fantastic camera and expandable storage(which I may not even need), but it's quite big (esp. compared to my 3yr old Droid incredible). The X is an excellent compromise in size with some neat features, but it's new and I've seen mixed reviews on the camera. Decisions, decisions.......

Upvote 0
Hi kids. Grandmadroid ordered my new X Thursday, paid extra to get it shipped over night, walked it in to my local VZ store this afternoon for a little help in setting it up, and they were selling them TODAY in the store. Could have saved myself the shipping. Grrrrr. Why do they always have to lie????
Anyway,.....I'm liking the phone. Feels great. Very smooth. I'm just having some guilt issues for leaving my GNEX sitting on the counter. Anyway, Mall 205 in Portland OR has them NOW. You wouldn't know it if you didn't look.

Upvote 0
Hi GrandmaDroid and congrats on your X purchase!

Now if I can just find a store HERE that has it... I MIGHT be willing to compromise on 32GB but I'd rather not. I really want the storage...

Stand firm on 32 GB Chief!! I have a S4 and currently using about 12 GB on my 32 GB Micro SD. I couldn't do that with the 16 GB Moto X. I will jump ship from the S4 when Verizon gets the 32 GB model.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones