• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Wireless can you buy full price without upgrading?

PetiePal

Android Expert
Verizon wireless site currently shows the option to buy the phone at retail full price... But then asks you to choose which device you're upgrading.

This was never like this was before... Do I have to call to order an XL outright?

I don't like their online menu, I always call 611 and deal with a human.....

I don't want to upgrade and sign for a 24 month contract.

Verizon wireless site currently shows the option to buy the phone at retail full price... But then asks you to choose which device you're upgrading.

This was never like this was before... Do I have to call to order an XL outright?

They have an option for buying at full price and also going month to month. I'm with AZgl1500. I would just talk to a person.

They have an option for buying at full price and also going month to month. I'm with AZgl1500. I would just talk to a person.

I also have an ulterior motive for going direct to a human voice.
I have always been able to weazel a $25-$40 "bonus" package from them "as a long time faithful customer"..... I am right at 25 years with them, and I use that to my advantage every chance I get...

I have not paid the "upgrade" fee ever, I always get it knocked off with a bonus package...
( sez me: it would be a shame for you folks to cause me to move over to AT&T... which I will if you keep insisting on charging me to renew or change a phone )

and me having 4 lines of service, I get what I want.

Back
Top Bottom