• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video calling apps for tablet to tablet?

tablet2011

does anyone know what video calling apps are out there that can be used tablet to tablet using WIFI?

i have tried hangouts but that only seems to work phone to phone.

any ideas?

Skype does not require a headset. But they tend to work better with a headset (wired or bluetooth) so the sound coming from the speakers won't feed back into the mic.

Skype does not require a headset. But they tend to work better with a headset (wired or bluetooth) so the sound coming from the speakers won't feed back into the mic.

ok many thanks for that.

would headphones work ok so sound dont feed back into mic?

Yes, headphones will prevent the speakers from interfering with the mic.

A headset with both headphones and a mic will be even better. As the tablet and phone mics tend to pic up a lot of background noise.

Wouldn't the mic/headset/feedback issue be the same with all apps, or would other apps have software that detects and prevents feedback and cleans up the audio?

I think if you are getting sound feeding into your mic from your speakers (when on speakerphone) it happens with all apps. But for me personally, Skype let's out a somewhat quiet but annoying high pitch tone. Also, people more often than not say they can hear themselves echo back to them.

Whereas, phone calls, hangouts, etc. I am at least told by the other person about these issues less often. And I don't get the high pitch tone like I do in Skype.

In all cases, just plugging in headphones will fix the issue on all sides. Headphones with a mic or my bluetooth will also fix the issues.

does anyone know what video calling apps are out there that can be used tablet to tablet using WIFI?

i have tried hangouts but that only seems to work phone to phone.

any ideas?

Really? I know it used to work with GTalk from tablets. I haven't tried it since they switched to Hangouts.

Back
Top Bottom