• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video chat and text

ck3fire

Lurker
Using Le Pan tablet for three months. I video chat using TANGO. Available for free in marketplace. Works just like and just as good as Skype. Also use textplus a free texting service that gives you a free dedicated phone number. You will receive an ad type text every so often, I get one every week or two, but worth the trouble. You will need to supply an email for both so you may want to sign up for a separate global email. Hope this helps.

Is this the LP TC970 or the TC970ll?
From articles I have read the TC970 is not capable of video chat. Articles have said that the camera is only good for pictures. And all pictures are reversed or mirrored.
If video chat is working on your tablet and it is the TC970 and not the 970ll, did you do a OTA update to correct the problem or did it work for you right out of the gate?

Other people with this tablet have been trying to get VC to work and have been unsuccessful.
Also, it the Android OS 2.2 or 3.2. This will help narrow down which tablet it is.

FYI .. Le Pan TC970 .. The older android 2.2 froyo unit is capable of video chat using the latest version of Skype or Tango. A little wierdness when it initially starts up in Skype ... Video mirror is scrambled but this is not visible by other end. Stops after about 5 seconds and then everything is fine.

Very good, I will link this page to those posts then when I see them so that others can know and finally use their tablets the way they want.
Thanks for the information.

Back
Top Bottom