• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Camera mods(question mark)

mudflap2020

Android Enthusiast
hey is there any way to go past 30fps with our camera, or increase video detail, I want to do something like freddiew did with the s3, but better, oh and its for my school, I want to prove you don't need a expensive camera to make a good movie, any tips, or links to camera mods wold be appreciated, also, why are colors washed out in video, when they are nice and vibrant in camera mode(question mark) the reason why I spell out question mark is because that key in my laptop is broken from spilling coffee on it, thank god my laptop still works tho!!

1) Read anything by Ansel Adams to learn how to make great pictures with cheap cameras. He made some world-class shots on $5 Brownies using VP (cheap black and white) film. (His moon over the mountains at Hernandez is a classic.)

2) The camera only goes as fast as the hardware goes - cameras in phones are cameras added onto phones as an afterthought, not great cameras with phones added on. You can do only so much with software when the hardware is what limits you. If you want slo-mo (that's why you'd shoot at greater than 30fps), buy a commercial slo-mo camera.

3) The color saturation in my videos is about the same as it is in my still shots (at least, according to my color charts). Try a different video capture app.

Thanks for your input!, I see a noticeable difference in saturation from camera to video, I already made the proposition so I have no choice but user my camera in my s3 , I'm making a video on urban life in NYC, I want it clear, and the frame rate constant, but what Freddiew did was cool the video he did was called sandcastle sensei, all filmed on a s3

Back
Top Bottom